Click on any headline to view the full article...

Bee Mail


The Solitary Bee now has it's own e-mail address in case any readers would like to contribute something of their own.  We welcome short pieces (500 - 2000 words seems about right) on as wide a range of subjects as possible, although please don't send religious tracts, party politics, new age nonsense or stuff that shamelessly infringes copyright laws.  Interesting content is more important than fine writing.  Film and book reviews are always good, but we'd rather read recommendations of things you like and think are underrated than hatchet jobs on things you hate and think are overrated.  Random pieces on science, art, history, or anything else you happen to know and care about would be great.  Rude Words will be ****ing censored.

There are no deadlines, and there's no hurry.  I'll try to keep updating the blog once or twice a week, and choose from whatever is available at the time.  I suppose it's possible that I may now be swamped with bee-mails and unable to cope with editing and posting them all; it's also quite likely that there will just be an embarrassing silence.  Either way, I'll keep you posted...

Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

Zarazia said...

Hi! Reading this, I was immediately struck by the similarity between this great idea and that behind the site http://www.damninteresting.com. I stumbled across it about a month ago, and I think that readers here would probably enjoy many of the articles there. It hasn't been updated for about a year, unfortunately, but there's still a lot of fascinating stuff. I hope you don't mind me mentioning it here (I worry that I sound like an evil spambot...). Anyway, it's a great site, and it's also the reason why I now know about submersible aircraft carriers, alien hand syndrome, and what really happens when one is exposed to a vacuum. So I just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention.

Post a Comment